With over 13 million dollars in sales, three current listings, and four transactions set to close after the first of the year, 2016 has proven to be a banner year for The Townsend Team. From stately Classical Revival homes, to charming historic cottages, to sunny beach condominiums, we listed and sold many unforgettable Key West dream homes in 2016.
We hope you will enjoy our third annual list of our favorite home sales of the year. Not only did we wish we were buying these wonderful properties for ourselves, family, or friends, we had a great time working with the buyers, sellers, real estate agents, loan officers, closing attorneys, and all the individuals that helped make these transactions happen.
Happy New Year!
Keith & Dean Townsend, The Townsend Team
OUR TOP 10 FAVORITE HOME SALES OF 2016
10. 3632 Sunrise Drive, Key West, Florida 33040—SOLD $1,345,500. When we first toured this beautiful canal front home, we knew we had to find the buyer. Our clients fell in love with its amazing outdoor living and had to make it their own.
9. 418 Amelia Street, Key West, Florida 33040—SOLD $545,000. Ideally located just steps from Upper Duval Street, this historic fixer upper was the perfect match for our first-time Key West home buyers. They are off and running, turning it into their dream cottage.
8. 1711 Von Phister Street, Key West, Florida 33040—SOLD $530,000. We had so much fun working with our buyers, we were thrilled that they found their Key West starter home. They will undoubtedly transform their charming cottage into a showplace.
7. 1405 Olivia Street, Key West, Florida 33040—SOLD $1,315,000. After helping our sellers purchase a picturesque waterfront home up the Keys, we were delighted to list, market, and sell their historic Classical Revival gem for them.
6. 639 United Street, Key West, Florida 33040—SOLD $810,000. When one of our favorite local mortgage loan originators asked us to help he and his wife purchase their Key West dream home, we were delighted. Their detailed renovation of the historic home is stunning.
5. 11 Whistling Duck Lane, Key West, Florida 33040—SOLD $375,000. We were thrilled to assist the Executive Director of one of our island’s terrific non-profit community-based organizations in the purchase of his first home. The low-maintenance Key West Golf Club townhouse was the perfect match for his busy lifestyle.
4. 1211 Newton Street, Key West, Florida 33040—SOLD $1,185,000. It was a kick when our buyers chose to make the gorgeous home of the Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter, their tropical island escape. We really enjoyed searching with them for just the right property and we are very happy to call them friends and neighbors.
3. 1022 Roberts Lane, Key West, Florida 33040—SOLD $699,000. Our sellers created a masterpiece when they meticulously renovated this island style Old Town cottage. It was love at first sight for our buyer.
2. 1500 Atlantic Boulevard, Unit 107, Key West, Florida 33040—SOLD $1,200,000. We wished we were buying this stylishly renovated Key West Beach Club condominium. After being listed unsuccessfully with other agents, we went to work restaging and creatively marketing the property and sold the home for our client.
★1. 824 Thomas Street, Key West, Florida 33040—SOLD $924,500. When ZILLOW.COM selected this extraordinary church-to-home conversion as its Unique House of the Week, our seller was thrilled. The excitement grew when it was featured on TODAY.COM. Going under contract—just one week after we listed it—was the icing on the cake. Selling this 1867, Carpenter Gothic style, former home of the Zion Primitive Baptist Congregation was unquestionably our favorite transaction of the year.